This Guide Book is designed as a quick and easy guide to hiking trails in Huron County. Each trail is
numbered on the Reference Map on the next page (more detailed driving directions are included with
each trail description). Use the Map Reference Number to locate the page where the corresponding
trail description is located. Each trail description and corresponding map provides additional information
on trail distance, level of difficulty, trail use, trail hazards, trail surface and cost (if any). If you encounter
“on the ground” trail marker issues, please call the associated trail contact.
Level of Difficulty:
Level 1 – easy, for family with young children
Level 2 – moderate, wear comfortable and sturdy shoes
Level 3 – some hills, natural path
Level 4 – hilly, for more experienced hikers
Trail User’s Code
1. Hike only along marked routes.
2. Use the stiles where provided.
3. No motorized vehicles permitted.
4. No camping or fires permitted.
5. Walk along the edge of fields, not across them.
6. Protect, and do not disturb wildlife or plant life.
7. Take nothing but photographs and memories.
8. No littering. Carry out what you carry in.
9. No cutting or marking bridges or trees.
10. No hunting. Do not disturb wildlife.
11. Pets on leash only. Clean up after your pet.
12. Remember to carry adequate drinking water for your journey.
Note: All trails are used at your own risk. Any trail coordinates are provided as an assistance for orientation and geocaching.